Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

April 2, 2008

Chocolate Brownie (With recipe)



Thought I didn't want to blog about this...but as I was eating halfway, I thought I might as well make a record here. *winks*

Wanted to bake something so that Hubby can bring it to work for breakfast tomorrow. Gina will also get to have some as well...It'll be heavenly if I have some vanilla ice cream on this brownie as well...Oh...

As requested, the recipe.

Ingredients:

7tbsp cocoa powder (sifted)
1tbsp instant coffee powder
200g castor sugar
4 small eggs (lightly beaten)
120g flour (sifted)
1tsp baking powder (sifted)
40g chopped wlanuts (I changed to almonds)
200g cooking chocolate (chopped to pieces; I used dark chocolate)
100g Butter

Method:

1.Melt chocolate and butter over slow heat.
2. Stir in cocoa and instant coffee powder. Add in castor sugar and stir till combined.
3. Leave to cool for a while before pouring into a mixing bowl. Add in eggs and stir till well blended.
4. fold in flour gently. Pour batter into a greased and lined baking tray 21 x 21 cm.
5. Sprinkle walnut on top and push it gently into the batter.
6. Bake at 180 deg c for 30 to 35 mins till the brownie is cooked.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

share the recipe once you are done!

Anonymous said...

oooh my, now you are making me want to whip out my brownie recipe to bake some hot brownies too ;)

Anonymous said...

Cool. I'm gg to try this one when I can find some dairy free baking choc!