Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

April 22, 2008

Serious and Careful Thoughts

Nursery and Kindy search


This is my sole responsibility. I am looking through webbys and forums on the reviews of the few schools I have shortlisted. Pros and cons, I really am more confused now!


Firstly, I never like to switch schools as and when, in this case, we have no choice cause we wanted to move, and I am really an alien to Tampines area. Plus, the fact that Ethyl is doing and learning well in the current environment, I really hate to disrupt her learning and getting her to re-adapt.


I am a believer in montessori learning and hope to be able to enrol her in a montessori-based kindy. So far, I added some schools in my list and struck off some. My main concern is of course whether Ethyl likes the environment, and we have to feel comfortable with the teachers and their approach there. Fundamental education is vital especially in the early learning years. I do not mind paying more from my pocket, but the program must suit my missy.


When kiasu-ism sets in, I am beginning to look for the extra curriculums like enrichments for Ethyl. This is not a must-have, but the program has to be of interest to Ethyl. My aim to start when she turns four is nearing, which means I need to seriously look into it.


No wish to push her for too many classes, Ethyl requested for speech and drama, her interest in my lappy also made me wanting to enrol her for computer sessions. Music is another area we look at, but of course, I do not want to keep everything indoors. There'll be swimming and probably takewando lessons I will look at.


Girls should be equipped with some defence skills. I was worried when I read the saturday papers many weeks ago on the girls bashing up other girls over really childish issues.


Having said so many, if the school can provide some of the sessions with quality, I will definitely sign her up. I want to save weekends for more family oriented programs, and not chauffering her from one class to another. But of course, things can be taught by me, will be done so...it's a good bonding activity isn't it? *smiles*

3 comments:

LZmommy said...

It is inevitable that you need to switch school for Ethyl...
Try to look for school that have additonal programs that you are looking for. For my boy, he has computer lessons at school. I know some school do have speech & drama too.

Like you, our weekends are free from all the classes :) That's why I'm always very busy during weekdays :)

Wow! Ethyl going to learn TKD! How exciting! Just being kapoh, don't forget to talk to Ethyl about the change of school :)

MomsyWorld said...

Hi LZ Mommy,

Yes, it is inevitable to switch school, and have told Ethyl about it. Explained to her briefly the reasons and she sorta understands...We'll keep her active in our house shopping, and of cos, school searching.

As for TKD, I learnt it before and felt it is quite important to be equipped with some defence skills esp for kids these days.

blurblur said...

Think of it this way, Ethyl will make new friends in her new school! :)

And i believe kids adapt to new environment faster than we thought! Of course, i'm sure you'll do a good job in preparing her for the transition! :)