Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

April 24, 2008

We Enjoyed It!

I fished out the workbooks I got from Kumon donkey months ago. Finally stopped procrastinating and told myself I need to seriously teach Ethyl at home.

I started with some non-routine teachings on her easel stand. Teaching her simple words using phonics to make up the words and teaching her some simple spelling and chinese words.

Today, we embarked in another journey...moving on to the workbooks. The first session was deemed pretty successful (hope I don't jinx it!). I hope even during confinement, we could still continue.

I am more relieved as she knows quite a handful of chinese words through reading the daily chinese papers with Mom and myself. She can't write, but she can recognise the words, that is a good step to learning chinese.

See how serious she is when she's doing her tracing...


2 comments:

LHS said...

she is definitely a smart girl :)

Anonymous said...

hey i recently bought kumon workbooks for Declan too. wanted to send him to the kumon classes but decided against it and bought the books instead. How much did you pay? i got it at $9 per book.