Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

April 16, 2008

When 2 Becomes 4

With Ethyl sleeping earlier than usual yesterday, Hubby and I made use of the chance to have our pillow talk. I told him there were times I really hoped to spend couple time together, and am thinking if we should have a yearly getaway to the nearby resorts just for ourselves.

As usual, the man knows me better. He knew I would miss the kids and a 2 nights' trip might become a one night or even a half day trip! *guilty* True enough, though I was the one who suggested, I always couldn't bear to leave anyone behind and fully enjoy myself without feeling the guilt.

I know we need couple time alone too...I fully understand the need to spend time together alone without the existence of the little ones. Hubby will actually miss our offsprings as well, not just me.

How to leave the little pair behind? We are still discussing. From a 2 nights' trip, I told him, why not we spend just one night?? He said, it'll become a half day trip then.

Ever told Mom about this, she is very encouraging and said if we really want to go, we should just leave the kids behind and enjoy ourselves. Hubby needs to unwind due to his busy schedule, so do I juggling the roles of a Mommy and wife.

How to make the guilt go away? I can see that Hubby is happy with my suggestions, but having been together for almost 10 years, he knows my soft spot for the kids. Am actually planning to go for a short trip after my confinement if possible....so how? With or without kids?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just do it. We both flew to Shanghai for 4 days when Talia stopped breast feeding (around 6th mths). Time away from the kid help you get re-charged and you have more to give themwhen you are back. Do it soon and post some nice pics.

Anonymous said...

Hey Fannie. I'm facing the same situation as you do now. Whenever Hubby & I talk about going for a short trip, we couldn't bear to leave Jerick even for a day. It had been 6 months that we discuss about this issue. Now, our planning for an overseas trip involves Jerick. We are planning for a family trip when Jerick turns 18 months. Looking forward to it!

LZmommy said...

If you are able to, it would be good for both of you :)

Hubs and me has been talking about it since L was born and till now, we have not been to any places without them. Like you, we can't beat to leave them behind.

Anonymous said...

Hi Fannie,

If the purpose is to hv couple time, then bringing the kids along defeats the purpose - cos your attention will be ard the kids most of the time.

However, i understand how you feel. Hubby & i hv booked a package for our 2nd honeymoon in May, but I kept asking him if we can at least bring 1 kid along...

Unknown said...

yeah i agree to leave the kids behind. just treat it as your own couple time (like the time before you got married) and enjoy it.

- mies

Anonymous said...

Hi Fannie dear, I would also suggest the same - leave the kids behind and go and enjoy your twosome time. When you are back, you will be recharged and enjoy them even more. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

yes dear, it shd be a get away for both of you from all the hustle and bustle of your daily routine... take a deep breath and just do it... just like what hubby and I did when we went to Adelaide leaving the 2 kiddos behind... 4mths after Joyce was born... ;) it's difficult to tear yourself away but it's also necessary... *smile*

Anonymous said...

Hi fannie, it wud really be nice to have a couple holi tog. the first one will always be the hardest and after that it gets easier n easier leaving the kids behind to enjoy urselves. me n hubby goes off on our own twice a year. it seems cruel to leave the lil ones behind while we enjoy ourselves but trust me, all of us need a break once in a while and when u feel recharged, u feel as though u can go on for a long long time facing the daily stress! i need to charge my batts once in a while facing 4 kids at home the whole day! hehe... its realy quality time tog with hubby.

go for shorter trips first, maybe 2 nites? if u feel guilty leaving ethyl behind, buy her loooads of gifts, just like what i did! haha

Teni