Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

April 17, 2008

Sorting Out

Some shopping needs to be done.

Initial plan was to buy a wardrobe for the kids, as Ethyl's existing one is overflowing and her clothes are in our also overflowed wardrobe, we thought we could get a big one for the siblings to share. Since we plan to move, and it will be pretty soon I hope, we'll just get a chest of drawers to accomodate our addition's clothings for the time being.

Boys clothes are pretty limited, but it does not apply to infant (boys)! I have been shopping online for him, and his loots had arrived! I am now busy washing and hanging them dry. Having said that, when I shop, I also pop by the girl's clothes and in the end, Ethyl gets more than the baby! *opps*

Everything is more or less intact. Hubby will set up the baby cot (from Ethyl's time) when he's free. I need to dish out the bumper sets...wonder which corner are they now? Been telling Ethyl when baby's home, she'll sleep with baby in the other room, and she had to help look after the little one. She is so excited about it! But of course, we got a baby monitor as well, so that we can somehow monitor the 2 kiddos in the next room.

I didn't get a new breast pump as Ann who used mine for awhile says mine was easier to use. Am planning to get Avent ISIS iQ DUO for myself, but will see how as I am not certain if I can make good use of it if I started working.

Simply can't wait for his arrival! Been having Braxton Hicks contractions for 2 days, irregular tightening and severe pelvic pain...Hubby says little guy can't wait to see us, Ethyl told me she wants to see her cute brother, Mom says at most I will hang on for another 3 weeks, Ann can't wait to see the li' nephew as well....

How about me? The Mommy can't wait to offload the bump that hinders my movements and affects my mobility!

Till now, I am excited and uncertain. Hubby doesn't seem very encouraging on my plan for virginal birth. He has his reasons for worrying about my back, been seriously warning me to rest more after my birth and eat well to build up my body as I didn't rest well and eat well when I gave birth to Ethyl. I suffer the consequences, I try to do it well this time. However, easier said than done. I have a tot, plus a newborn, plus my piggy nephew...how to rest? If I rest, Mom will definitely tire out.

Hmm...now, the next important thing I need to do is to seriously think of what I wanted for my birthday, and Hubby promised me a pressie for giving him 2 beautiful babies...what shall I get from him?

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi Fannie,

Seems like you always buy kids clothes online. Is it really cheap in that way too? As I'm also thinking of buying some clothings from gap online too.

MomsyWorld said...

yes, it is much worthy given the exch rate now...

Anonymous said...

I heard from my midwife, cot bumpers do not have to be set up when the baby is still an infant, because it'll prevent air ciculation where the baby lies.

So close to your delivery..

All the best yeah.. have updated my link.. :)

Anonymous said...

the BIG day is coming soon huh, u must be v excited! all the best ya.

Teni

blurblur said...

Wow...soon soon, you'll be able to hold your little bundle...excited ya! :)

Do take good care and keep me inform when you pop ok? :)

Our boys still bunk with us...so my room is 'fully occupied' at night with a queen size bed, a mattress and a baby cot...there's hardly any space left...hee hee.. :P

Michelle said...

Hi Need Help, How come there isn't any selection for shipping to singapore from Gap?

MomsyWorld said...

u need to hv a vpost acct...send it there n they'll redirect to sg

Michelle said...

Thanks Fannie. :)

nana said...

Fannie, you plan to go back to work? I thot you've decided to be SAHM again... (I sense fm your posts that you're happier when you stopped working). =)

BTW, my colleague tried the Avent Electric pump (single). She told me it's not as effective as manual. As for myself, Avent manual is my all-time favourite. I tried Ameda, Medela Single & Double, in the end still go back to Avent. Anw, juz for your ref, cos diff pple hv diff pref. =)