Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

April 11, 2008

Lovely Duo

Hubby's been working late for the start of this week. Especially there were 2 nights he was not home and my little girl began to miss her Daddy.

On the second night when Daddy was away from home for more than 24 hours, she came to me with teary looking eyes..."Mommy, you call daddy (to) come back can? I miss Daddy, I want him to come back...please..."

I took over the phone, explained to her that Daddy had to work and punched his mobile number and called him. She answered the phone..."Dad...dy...." and she was on the verge of crying.

She passed me the phone and I told Hubby our dearie missed him much. He talked to her, she did not say a word. She was almost crying, and passed me the phone again.

I said goodbye and hung up.

"Mommy, Daddy so poor thing right? Always have to work so late and come back so late. I miss him. You miss him?"

"Of course I do! Just like us, Daddy misses us too. He has to work, no choice...we'll be good and sleep early. We'll see Daddy when we wake up the next morning ok?".

Suddenly, she was happy again. Chirping like a canary and singing lullaby to the little guy. She fell asleep soon after.

Next morning, I woke up earlier than her. When she opened her eyes and saw Hubby who just came back, sitting on the bed and beside her, her bleary eyes lit up immediately, gave the sweetest smile and hugged Hubby with a sweet..."DADDY!!!! I miss you!!!". I was so touched.

I pretended to be jealous and said, "Oh, now you only love Daddy? Don't love Mommy already right?". She immediately said she loves me and gave me a hug.

Now, even the biscuit Hubby loves to eat becomes her favourite. She said to me she wants to eat the biscuit Daddy loves and she loves Daddy too. Oh..how I love them too!

2 comments:

LZmommy said...

She is such a sweet girl!

Hope you will have wonderful weekend with your hubby and Ethyl :)

Valencia said...

so sweet!